Blindside Networks is pleased to announce the release of BigBlueButtonBN version 2.2.2, the BigBlueButton plugin for Moodle. This latest version fixes a number of minor bugs reported by our community.
The BigBlueButtonBN plugin is heavily used by the Moodle Community. Moodle.org shows over 5,400 Moodle sites running the plugin shows it ranked #6 in overall downloads (from a pool of 1454 Moodle plugins).
The plugin unifies the previous RecordingsBN and BigBlueButtonBN plugin into a single version. It allows instructors to
- Create multiple activity links to online sessions within any course
- Restrict students from joining a session until a teacher (moderator) joins the session
- Launch BigBlueButton in a separate window
- Create a custom welcome message that appears at the top of the chat window when joining the session
- Specify join open/close dates for the session that appears in the Moodle’s calendar
- Record a session
- Access and manage recordings
For a video overview of how to setup and install the BigBlueButtonBN plugin, click the link below.
Like Moodle, the BigBlueButtonBN plugin is open source. The latest release is hosted at Moodle.org, and the source code is on GitHub at https://github.com/blindsidenetworks/moodle-mod_bigbluebuttonbn. The plugin has been under active development for over 7 years!
The result is that Moodle has the deepest integration of BigBlueButton among all the learning management systems. If you have comments or suggestions, feel free to give us feedback through the Moodle forum and reports of bugs and requests for features are always welcome at Moodle’s Issue Tracker (tag your issues with Module: BigBlueButtonBN).