When you install the BigBlueButtonBN plugin it comes pre-configured to use your “test-install” server. You are free to use it for testing as long as you like.
If you have your own BigBlueButton server, to connect BigBlueButtonBN to your Moodle server, first login to your BigBlueButton server and get the API credentials using the following command.
Of course, you can also contact us for hosting options as well.
The BigBlueButtonBN plugin provides your instructors and students full access to BigBlueButton’s capabilities from within your Moodle interface. It enables you to:
- Create activity links in a course for online classes (no need for students to login twice)
- Limit students from entering an online class before a teacher joins
- Create custom welcome messages
- Schedule classes in the Moodle calendar
- Launch BigBlueButton in its own window
- View (and manage) recordings
The screen shot below shows a class ready for joining (the student can click the ‘Join Session’ button) and a past recording ready for viewing.