BigBlueButton Integration with Moodle
The BigBlueButtonBN plugin for Moodle was developed by Blindside Networks to make it easy for instructors to create virtual classrooms within Moodle.
This plugin is compatible with Moodle version 2.6 (and greater).
The easiest way to install the plugin is to create an account on moodle.org, then click login to your Moodle site, navigate to Dashboard / Site administration / Plugins / Install plugins and click “Install plugins from the Moodle plugins directory”.
Once you have it installed, you can get the credentials from your BigBlueButton server by logging into the server and use command
This will print out your BigBlueButton server’s URL and shared secret. You can take the output and enter the results into the plugin configuration for BigBlueButtonBN.
The BigBlueButtonBN plugin provides you full access to BigBlueButton’s capabilities from within your Moodle interface. Specifically, you can:
- Create links for multiple virtual classroom within a course
- Restrict students from entering the virtual classroom until a teacher joins
- Create custom welcome messages
- Schedule classes in the Moodle Calendar
- Launch BigBlueButton in its own window
- Record and playback your lectures
Here’s a screen shot of how the recordings look in a course.